- Growing demand for ice cream and yoghurt is expected to hold declining South Africa dairy product market.
- Unilever, Paramalat SA, and Danone are observed to lead the South Africa ice cream market.
- Processed milk was the major revenue contributor in South Africa. However, declining price resulted in overall decrease in revenue generation from 2013 to 2015.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “South Africa Dairy Products Market Outlook to 2020 – Innovation Coupled with Acquisitions by Dairy Product Manufacturers is Likely to Drive Market” provides a comprehensive analysis of the dairy product market in South Africa. The report includes the market share contributed by the sales of different dairy products including processed milk, yoghurt, cheese, ice cream, butter, flavored milk and milk powder. The study also enlists the key market indicators which include consumption per capita, total consumption and production, average per unit and price, and import and export data by value and by quantity. Trends and developments and regulatory framework are also added in the study for clear understanding about the factors responsible for present scenario of the market. The future analysis of overall South Africa dairy product market has also been discussed along with recommendations from analyst view.
Ice cream with presence of large number of new flavor variants available in affordable convenience packing in the market is mainly consumed as substitute to desert products such as cakes, pastries available in South Africa. Consumption of ice cream as substitute to other dessert products such as cakes and pastries available in South Africa is the major factor which is assisting the segment in its growth. Additionally, the launch of new products by the market players in affordable price range has further resulted in availability of diverse verities as per the taste of the customers, hence augmenting the market. “Fruttare” launched by Unilever in 2012 in South Africa is a major example which advocates that new launches impacted the market in a positive manner. The brand attained the top position in the market in the next year of the launch and is consumed as a substitute to fruits in dessert owing to the presence of real fruit pulp in ice cream. Similar trend has been noticed in the yoghurt market with annual per capita consumption increasing from 5.0 Kg in 2013. Similar trend has also been noticed for yoghurt market.
“In order to penetrate into the South Africa dairy product market, the market players should setup their own manufacturing units in South Africa which will help them to increase their market share in the nation by offering their dairy products at an affordable competitive price range hence, overcoming the local competition.” according to Research Analyst, Ken Research.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of South Africa Dairy Product Market by Revenues
- Market Segmentation of South Africa Dairy Product Market Segmentation By Products – Processed Milk, Yoghurt, Cheese, Butter, Ice Cream, Flavored Milk, and Milk Powder
- Per Capita Consumption, Prices, Production, Sales, Demand, Import and Export Volume of Dairy Products
- Trends and Developments in South Africa Dairy Product Market
- Regulatory Landscape of South Africa Dairy Product Market
- Competitive Landscape and Detailed Company Profiles of the Major Market Players
- Future Outlook and Projections of South Africa Dairy Product Market
- Analyst Recommendations
- Macro-Economic Factors Impacting the South Africa Dairy Product Market
- South Africa Dairy Market
- Industry Size Dairy Products South Africa
- Dairy Demand in South Africa
- Butter Consumption South Africa
- Milk Powder Sales in South Africa
- Milk Powder Consumption South Africa
- UHT Milk Market South Africa
- Market Share Processed Milk South Africa
- Yoghurt Sales South Africa
- Yoghurt Demand South Africa
- Yoghurt Consumption South Africa
- Yoghurt Market Developments South Africa
- Yoghurt Industry South Africa
- Export Milk Power South Africa
- Milk Prices South Africa
- Production Milk Powder in South Africa
Key Products Mentioned in the Report
Processed Milk, Yoghurt, Cheese, Butter, Ice Cream, Milk Powder, Flavored Milk
Key Market Players Covered in the Report:
Unilever South Africa, Paramalat SA (Pty) Ltd, Danone SA (Pty) Ltd, Nestle South Africa, Clover Industries Limited, Dairybelle (Pty) Ltd, R&R Ice Cream, Promasidor, Tiger Consumer Brand, Pioneer Foods
For more information about the publication, refer to this link:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications