Ken Research Latest report titled “Indonesia Online Advertising Market Outlook to 2021- Significant Rise in Internet, Mobile and Social Media User Penetration to Drive Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis of digital advertising market in Indonesia. The report covers market size, segmentation on the basis of medium, type, sectors and pricing model of online advertising. The report also covers market in different aspects such as developing trends in the market, market share of major advertising platform and company profiles for major online advertising agencies and publishers in Indonesia online advertising market. The report provides detailed overview on future outlook & projections with analyst recommendations for the industry.
Indonesia online advertising market has witnessed a phenomenal growth owing to a remarkable increase in the number of internet users over the years along with increasing mobile and social media users. On the grounds of this, the market has recorded an amplified overall expenditure from USD ~ million in 2015 to USD ~ million in 2016. Rising trend in the e-commerce market, smartphone and tablet penetration, increase in the number of social media users and the new product launches by the publishers have augmented the growth of online advertising market in Indonesia over the past five years.
Indonesia online advertising market has been segmented on the basis of medium, type, sectors and pricing model of online advertising. Indonesia online advertising market is dominated by desktop advertising in terms of segmentation by medium with a share of ~% followed by mobile advertising with a share of ~% in the market in 2016.
By type of online advertising, the market is dominated by search and banner advertising with a spending of USD ~ million and USD ~ million respectively, in 2016. In 2016, advertisement spending is generated by sector was majorly from FMCG/Retail sector which amounted to USD ~ million.
Indonesia online Advertising market has been segmented by types of performance based pricing models such as Cost per Mile (CPM), Cost per Click and Cost per Action. In 2016, Cost per Mile held the highest percentage share (~ %) among other models as it extends a very low financial risk and also the expected revenue per impression can be easily calculated through CPM model.
Indonesia online advertising market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~% during the forecast period of 2017-2021 owing to factors like rising number of smartphone users, country’s economic growth and growing online population. The growth is also expected to be driven by the rising number of social media users, booming ecommerce market, rise of independent advertisement advisors, support from government, publishers and mobile networks and other such relevant factors.
Competitive Scenario in Indonesia Online Advertising Market
Competitive Scenario has been analyzed for advertising agencies as well as platforms. Major advertising agencies in the country include Grey Indonesia, Ogilvy One, Milestone and Brightstars.
The major online advertising platforms in Indonesia are Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Twitter and others. Facebook and Instagram together led the market with a share of ~% and Google held the second position with a share of ~% in the total revenues in 2016. Since, the demand for video advertising is also rising, YouTube is competing with a share of ~% while twitter accounted for a share of ~% in the total revenue in 2016.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Indonesia Online Advertising Market Genesis and Current Scenario
- Value Chain Analysis on Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Indonesia Online Advertising Market Size
- Indonesia Online Advertising Market Segmentation
- SWOT Analysis in Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Trends and Developments in Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Issues And Challenges In Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Regulatory Scenario In Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Competitive Landscape In Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Market Share of Major Players in Indonesia Online Advertising Market, 2016
- Company Profiles for Major Players in Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Future Outlook for Indonesia Online Advertising Market, 2017-2021
- Macroeconomic Factors affecting Indonesia Online Advertising Market
- Indonesia Digital Advertising Spending
- Forecast Online Advertising Expenditure
- Online Advertisement Spending
- Indonesian ad spend in 2016
- Ad Spend Growth Indonesia
- Digital Advertisement Landscape Indonesia
- Social Ad Classified Market
- Online Marketing Trends Indonesia
- Facebook Advertising Revenue Indonesia
- Google Advertising Revenue Indonesia
- Mobile Ad Spend in Indonesia
For more information about the publication, refer to below link:
UAE Online Advertising Market Outlook to 2017- Expected Growth in Mobile and Video Advertising Segment
Saudi Arabia Online Advertising Market Outlook to 2017 – Display and Video Advertising to Accelerate the Advertising Spending
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications